Both sides?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone every experienced a cyst on both sides at the same time?

At the moment both of mine are definitely swollen (one bigger than the other) also my lymph node on the side that's the worse is pretty big as well. I've always only experienced one side at a time.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I did as well, and not only did I have cysts on both sides, when my doctor actually went in he said there were multiple cysts on each side! I ended up having both my glands removed. I briefly saw an article that mentioned bartholinitis. I think if you're having more than one cyst and on both sides then it may be referred to as that, however there is little to no information on it. My recommendations, get both glands removed and free your headache from them. I did and I am so happy with the results. I feel freed

• Posted

If you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you got them removed? How has it effected your sex life?

• Posted

I'm 27 now and I had them removed when I was 25. My sex life is better than ever bc I don't have to be paranoid anymore of my fiancé "infecting the cyst". The vagina produces enough lubrication on the inside that these glands don't really add much more to it. Upon entering it can be a little dry but eventually the lubrication from the inside comes out and it's like normal.

If you do get the glands removed, recovery is a little difficult and you can't do much sitting or walking for a few days...there's leaking from the surgery that you need to keep as clean and dry as possible. If you can make it through about 2 weeks of time off to heal, it will be well worth it! I'm so happy I did it and I recommend every one do it especially if it's effecting your daily, sexual and social life. Good luck!

• Posted

Hello, this was so helpful reading this, I have a cyst on the left side, and it was surgically drained, but it kept coming back!! for 2 years now it's been same horror cycle!!! then I recently just noticed it coming on my right side, (liiiiikeee!! just kill me already!!)

And now, I have been thinking of removing both glands once i finish university this year (I'm 22) reading this was such an encouragement, I just want to know, how painful was it after the surgery? and how long before you resumed sex? and was there any sign of it coming again or any complications?

• Posted

Hi there, I had a cyst on the right side, not sure how long it had been there which turned into an abscess about 7 weeks ago (it was so painful to walk or sit so had to go to hospital) I had to have a balloon catheter put in to drain which was a horrible procedure and after a week the catheter came out and all seemed good then a week later I developed a cyst on the left side! Luckily this one didn't develop into an abscess so I had no pain just the swelling but the doctors decided they wanted to drain it too but as I was going on holiday they decided to wait till I got back. So last Tuesday I went to the hospital for my scheduled appointment for the balloon catheter and they decided they wanted to take me to theatre to do marsupialisation instead (still not really sure why to be honest?!) anyhow that's 6 days since op and it's quite uncomfortable down there due to where the incision was made and the stitches. Just praying they don't come back. Not really sure how long this side will take yo heal, once I got the catheter out from the right side it was healed quickly do about two weeks, but the incision on the left side is much bigger so maybe take longer?! It's all a bit rubbish!!

• Posted

Yes I have had them on both glands and my labia at the same time. I'm sorry for your pain! I have had many drainings and major surgery to scrap them out anf I have one there again on one side, hasn't become abscessed this time, thank God. Looking to rid it for good!

• Posted

i have been dealing with this since i was 18 and its only been on one side but just a few days ago the other side is having the same problems all while the normal problem side is also enlarged bc it never goes down now here i am with two enlarged glands. Im 26 now and when i say i cant wait to make appt with my doctor to get both of these things removed im so tired of dealing with this. How is your scarring from the procedure ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.