Botox for Anal Fissure

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I had Botox five weeks ago. I did feel some relief after the treatment (at least I didn't have to take pain relievers). I've been taking fibre supplements and bulking supplements, but my stool is still very dry to pass on some days. I've been drinking a lot of water and doing everything I can to keep the stool soft. Now since 2 Days after the BM, I'm experiencing burning and irritation again. It appears to be a never-ending cycle. Are there any success stories with Botox treatment, and how many people had to have the procedure repeated?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I also got the procedure done 13 days ago. I still experience alot of pain during bowel movements and for a few hours after. I also had skin tags which were removed. I still cant sit or drive. My surgeon said if my symptoms did not improve in the next three weeks, then he will administer another botox with a higher dose. I really hope I end up healing the fissure and dont have to go for botox again. I have seen enough pain from past three months with this fissure.

I too am eating enough fiber and taking enough water but my stools remain bulky. which is honestly a literal pain in the bum to pass 😦(((

how long after your botox did you start feeling relief? specially during bowel movements?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.