Botox for Migraine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. What should I expect with the Botox procedure?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It is about 30 injections in your forehead, temples, back of your neck and back. It is very costly so if you don’t live somewhere with universal healthcare check to make sure your insurance covers it.   The injection in your back can be very painful also. I had trouble with pain from that many months afterwards. 
  • Posted

Hi,

If you live in UK its free on the NHS, I know this because I have Botox.

I have about 15 in forehead, temples neck and back.

you will be fine, I find it very beneficial.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

I used to have Botox procedures and it worked brilliantly for 8 times. Unfortunately on the 9th it stopped working. It was 31 injections I. And around my head and neck. And yes it did hurt lol. I now have IV DHE which may be another option 
    • Posted

It’s like our migraines learn how to outsmart any drug that might work. I’m in clinical trial right now for CRGP drug coming on market this year supposedly. Many companies are trying to bring it out but this particular one is not working very well for me. They mentioned a study with DHE patch. Are you having side effects at all?
  • Posted

Hi there I had the.injections every 6hrs for 5 days. I had an anti sickness tablet first then I had the I’ve injections.  It just made me very sleepy for quite a while afterwards. But it has had a fantastic effect on my migraines. I can’t praise it enough. I had the course a year last December and it is just wearing off. I have still had to take my meds Epilum and indomethocin but at a lower dose. I have now had to up my dose and start to take my trip tans again so I am hoping that when I see my consultant in April I can have the dhe again. How are you getting on with the CRGP?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.