Botox for type 2

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, My Dr wants me to try botox for my TN Type 2. Has anyone done this and if so did it help?  Thanks smile

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I get botox for my TN type 2 every 3 months. I think it helps....you know when it hurts so much and some days are intolerable that sometimes its hard to tell??? She also gives me (botox) shots in my neck and shoulders every 3 months; and every 3 months I get trigger point injections in my back/neck areas.  Those def help b/c I hold my stress in my shoulders and will grit my teeth-- the injections helps reduce that.  I also get magnesium IVs every 3 months which help with my energy and every time I go to the doctor I use an Alpha Stim which actually does relax me.  So its botox<trigger point<magnesium; and it has helped me get off all opiates; which I was rxd a TON of prior to this doctor who thinks more outside the box.  So roundaboutly, I guess it does help.  I'd def give it a shot--I'll try ANYTHING even if its just reduces my pain from a 10 to a 9.99.

• Posted

Hi i have been getting botox injections for over a year now. It has been like a miracle for me. I go every three months - i received over 40 injections !Dr. puts injections all around my face , side & back of head. Also my trapezius muscles. My pain is on the left side of my head- due to a childhood accident. Doctor has to do both sides of the head. The injection have to be even. I have been dealing with this nightmare since my teens. I still have pain, but NOTHING like it was. I strongly recommend. It is very expensive, my insurance cover it though. $3800.00 each time!!! Good luck to u. Let me know how it works out if u get. All the best , feel better. MaryPat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.