Botox injection

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have had a trunkal vagotomy and antrectomy for persistent ulcers and bleeds. Later I had a Roux-en-y to promote drainage. Now my GI doc plans to inject botox into my gastric outlet during an EGD to try and facilitate better gastric emptying. From what I can find, this is an older technique with fair success. Has anyone else had this and did it work for you?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had the EGD and it was a piece of cake after they got the IV going (I'm difficult to find good veins on).I have gastritis, a small beazor which the GI broke up and suctioned out, the ulcer is no better.As far as the botox injections--I think they have helped with the gastric emptying...i can eat without feeling overly full. I've learned there still is a limit to what I can eat but it is more than before the injections. The only problem is that GI tells me the injections only work for about 6 month so I guess this will have to be repeated........but how long can they keep repeating them?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.