Botox injection for Anal fissure hasn't helped. Although it's been 48 hrs now my pain has worsened

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

I would really appreciate if anyone can throw some light on this. I had a Botox injection for my anal fissure. It's been 48 hours now. The pain is worse than before. How long does it take to heal? I have also read that it doesn't work for everyone. How long do I wait before I conclude it's not worked for me? I read somewhere the wait time is 3 months. I don't think I can tolerate this pain for 3 more months. What would be he next best option if Botox injection hasn't worked? Is surgery the only option? I have been applying rectogesic but this isn't helping either now. Please help!!!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks to everyone who took their time to respond to my post. I went for a surgery yesterday and feel a lot better now. Had a pain free bm. Although I have developed 2 new skin tags post the surgery. But it's not as bad as the pain so I can wait until my follow up appointment

• Posted

I had Botox June 2nd and was in awful pain for 3 weeks. It started to get a lot better but I retore yesterday, trying to decide if I should do Botox again or have the surgery. Would love some advice!
    • Posted

Surgery worked better for me. What did your surgeon say? Botox doesn't work for everyone and chances of reoccurrence is very high. The only con side of surgery is that I have developed skin tags which are uncomfortable. I dint have them before but the pain has reduced by 80% since the surgery. I got it done only on Monday and I already feel a lot better. Good luck. Hope you get better soon

• Posted

Thanks. Glad you are feeling better. My doctor said there is no harm in trying Botox again but that most people feel better after surgery.
  • Posted

Hi Amy,

I can't tell you how happy I was to find a forum with people going through the same thing! Sorry to hear you are still suffering. Have you had any progress now?

I had a baby 8 months ago and have had excruciating pain since. I had Botox over a month ago and the searing pain post BM seems to have disappeared. However there is still discomfort and the sensation of carrying a weight inside my bum. 

For anyone else in this position I found Tramadol 50mg 6-8 times a day helped hugely with the pain! (More that amytriptaline and Gabapentin- both of which I was prescribed) However I came off Tramadol post Botox and that was pretty rough (horrible side effects after 7 months of taking it) so please be wary of you choose this painkiller.  

I also use Proctosedyl Ointment  (Hydrocortisone & Cinchocaine) which has an anaesthetic in it. It has been the best ointment I have tried and you can use it alongside instilagel for extra pain killing properties. 

I am due to go back to work, but on a diet of Laxatives and salad/ veg I barely have the energy! My Maternity had been ruined, but luckily I have a beautiful baby to keep me going. 

If anyone had questions, please feel free to contact. It's a horribly lonely condition that's not easy to discuss with people! I am hoping this Botox will mean the end to my post partum problems- but not sure how long I will need to continue with Laxido! I am still terrified the pain comes back. 

D

• Posted

Appologies I didn't read down far enough! Glad you are feeling better Amy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.