Bottom eye swelling

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I was wondering whether anyone has had these symptoms.

Basically, the bottom of my left eye is swollen. I woke up this morning like it. It does not hurt, just feels puffy. My eye sight as not been affected by it. So its the area below the bottom eye-lid, just like I have banged something into my eye, without the pain.

Many thanks

Kevcool

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was just reading about puffy eyes as this happens to me sometimes.

Sometimes a puffy eye can be caused by allergies, lack of sleep or too much salt in the diet.

Does anything you ate yesterday contain lots of salt?  If this doesn't happen all the time...than it probably is just nothing major.

Try putting some ice on the area (ice reduces inflammation)...you will probably be stuck with this problem today..but hopefully it clears tommorow.

Watch your salt intake today and drink lots of fluids.

• Posted

Swollen eyelids are sometimes referred to as puffy eyelids.Many home remedies can help reduce the swelling of eyes, such as:

1.   Drink ample fluid to prevent dehydration

2.   Apply ice pack when your lids are swollen

3.   Apply cucumber slices or chilled tea bags over closed eyes

4.   Reduce salt from your diet

5.   Eat potassium rich foods, like bananas, to eliminate excess fluids in your body

6.   Splash cold water over your face and eyes

7.   Get plenty of sleep and rest

• Posted

HI

Many thanks for your information

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.