Bottom of neck feels hard

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been experiencing silent reflux/esophagitis symptoms for a few weeks now and have been very anxious about a serious underlying cause. When I tilt my head back and poke my neck about an inch below my adams apple it feels hard. Its the whole width of my throat as well rather than one spot. There are no lumps that I can feel but I am still worried if it should feel like that. Is it just some part of the throat that i am feeling or is it something more?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

I don't seem to have an adams apple so I can't replicate what you are doing, but I'll bet odds on that it is just part of your neck,  I have done things like this SO many times and worried myself sick about it.  If you really can't stop worrying then go and see your doctor and let him put your mind at rest. If you are getting reflux you don\t want anxiety as well.  Good luck let us knpow how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.