Bouncing vision when waking up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced bouncing vision when waking up in the morning? My body also feels like it's silently vibrating when this happens.

Today, upon waking, it was jumping up and down slightly. I could tell when looking at things in my room. Some days, it feels like it's jumping back and forth.

I've had it for many years and it comes and goes. Is this related to my inner ear disorder or possibly something else?

Thank you.

Tests: CT/MRIS of brain & spine - clear

Bloodwork (including autoimmune) - clear

Dx: Menieres & BPPV

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like BPPV to me.
    • Posted

Oh ok, thanks! I didn't know it could do that.

• Posted

You are describing what sounds like a down- or upbeating nystagmus.  When was the MRI done?  Was it done before these symptoms started?  If so, the MRI may need to be repeated.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology 

• Posted

I was afraid of that.

MRIs with/without contrast April & August of 2016.

Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.