Bout almost over

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, I am almost finished with the Cipro and Flagyl, the sharp stabbing pain is gone🙏, but I have a constant ache, almost like cramps,

gas or having to go to the bathroom. I am taking a probiotic , and I am going to the bathroom regularly, So is this from taking these antibiotics? I don’t remember this the last time. I am just afraid it is stil DV, but it’s tolerable. Or do I just need to give my body a chance to get better? Thanks 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Be sure to take a good probiotic twice a day to help your colon heal.  Also go with a low residue diet until all symptoms are gone.  Then slowly add in more fiber to your diet.  Good luck!  Patience is the key here.
  • Posted

Yes, those antibiotics are very tough on your system.  It could well be that.  I think that the probiotics that are really good are the ones that have billions in them.  I take NOW Acidophilus Two Billion, and it has really helped.

I also use a heating pad on my abdomen to help ease the discomfort, and a secret trick I use which sounds bizarre is to get a bag of ice, seal it and literally sit on it.  That helps to reduce inflammation.  I wish you the very best.  You will get through this with patience and being very careful with what you eat.

• Posted

Thanks Carolynsmile what are some options for food? Soup, eggs, I don’t know what to eat that is gentle.
    • Posted

Hi Cindy

I can add mashed potato, steamed/baked white fish (no batter), grilled chicken, meal replacement drinks, plain Greek yogurt, jello (not red).  If you are still on the medication, it can take several weeks before you start to feel more normal and your inner workings settle down.  This is a vicious debilitating disease and the medication has severe side effects.  I found it took me at least 4 weeks after my first 3 flares, and considerably longer after the last bout.  Unfortunately time, patience and probiotics are the answer.  Just take it steady and eat small amounts of low residue food for the time being.  Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.