Bowel Cancer Fear

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm seeking some help as recently (past month or so) I've been experiencing issues with my bowels. I've been worrying about bowel cancer and am arranging a doctors appointment next week. I'm 18, female and keep being told by my parents and friends that I'm just worrying too much but my symptoms are those for concern. My bowel habits have changed, and I've always struggled with constipation, my stools are usually quite hard (due to a s****y diet) but have changed to be softer but still the same round shape, (not thin and long just softer). This all changed about a month ago, I've also been having irregular patterns, for instance going 3 days in a row and then not going for a week etc. There's also blood in my stools and on the paper (usually bright red but dark red within the stools). Although, the blood only happens occasionally and there's not loads of it. Recently I've also developed a pain in my lower right abdomen (not stabbing), it only hurts with sudden movement or with stretching backwards, I can't feel anything though... No weight loss at all but a horrible kind of full scratchy feeling in my stomach and throat whenever I eat, and slightly decreased appetite. I just wanted to hear your suggestions as I've been worried sick about it... thanks, Ella

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The problem you have could be any one of many things.  I would suggest that you see a GP and get some tests done to find out what is happening.  Don't google your symptoms because this more likely to confuse and create concern unnecessarily than help, seeing a professional is best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.