Bowel cancer fears.

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there I'm 29 years old male, bout 6 weeks ago i had some blood in my stool then since then i have had this feeling all day everyday that i need to have a bowel movement and when i go only a really small amount comes out, sometimes like ribbons and random watery loose stools have also had really bad bloating and gas, I went to the doctor and he said its an irratable bowel and the one off blood was probably from a fissure I'm really worried that it's bowel cancer but i don't have a family history as far as i know but i am very overweight at about 28 stone. i have had blood in my stool a few times over the years always on top of the stool, can anyone give me some advice abojt this please because i think the doctor is just dismissing me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Gramsci,

all of these symptoms are very vague. You never know until having sigmoidoscopy (covering 2/3) of the most common sites for any diseases of rectum and colon in young people - up to splenic flexure) or colonoscopy (the only nearly 100% diagnostic method) done. BUT all of these symtoms can be various simultaneous bowel issues (yes they love to pile up). Cancer in your age group is still very rare, however other bowel issues are not. IBS, functional and inflammatory conditions are pretty common. Do not get anxiety overwhelm you. If there is one thing you can do for bloody stools - those are creams with inner applicator to heal the rectal passage - the most vulnerable and the most frequently bleeding part of the colon. More movement and fiber diet also helps to prevent clotting in the rectal passage - creating haemorrhoids and rectal abscesses/fissures. Do not worry, try lifestyle changes first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.