Bowel Issue and Worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Wondered if anyone could give me some help/advice. About 2 months ago whilst walking, I passed what I thought was wind, got home and checked and it was blood. Been having stomach pains since, went to Docs but he couldn’t find anything (piles etc) he did bloods and Fecal Occult Test, both came back normal. Since then have been getting regular bleeding and discharge from back passage. Doctor ref me for flexi sigmoscopy will also came back clear no piles /polopys or anything sinister. Really worried and concerned as it seems to be getting more regular. I have been referred to outpatient clinic for further checks but stress is driving me mad. I’m 40yrs old and fairly active

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain mate. I'm a 39 year old male. had constipation and a discomfort in my stomach when I bend for about 5 weeks. thin stools when i do pooh. clear bloods. waiting on pooh test results and colonoscopy. got laxatives and stomach all over the place! not good mate . thing the worry and uncertainty the worst.

• Posted

Anthony I would definitely ask for a colonoscopy bleeding without having a bowel movement to cause it is worrisome don't let the doctors fob you off I've gotten the run around too many times and am now concerned about serious health issues keep me posted

• Posted

Sorry this post was meant for Anthony

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.