Bowel issues

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello all you wonderful ladies . So , yet again as one symptom goes , so more come along . Every month after my period I seem to have problems with my stomach that include lack of appetite , gas , bowel problems and feeling under the weather generally . This time Ive also had a migraine . Eventually my appetite comes back and then I get another period and its back to square one . So fed up and now I have an ache as Im ovulating as well . All my blood tests have come back good , but still I keep thinking stomach or bowel cancer . Both my husband and daughter have said that I should stop worrying as its only my perimenopause causing this , but my health anxiety goes into overdrive . I think throughout my life I have suffered with ibs on and off plus I have a small pile that plays up and bleeds when I am like this ( sorry for tmi ) . Please does anyone else have issues like this as I am fed up of feeling poorly . I am 51 and still have regular periods . The past few nights I have had night sweats as well .

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

same here I have issues emptying all the way and when it's time for cycle all moves along after cycle back to same thing never-ending

• Posted

Following this as I also deal with these symptoms 😦 Mine has been bad reflux , slight nausea at times, and the bowel issues... I have always dealt with occasional IBS but like you, it now sends my health anxiety out the roof. Seems anything is a go when it comes to symptoms anymore!! Praying hormones level out soon!

• Posted

Hi there you sound just like me, I'm 51 and still have regular periods though the last 2 have been all over the place, 1 minuite I'm really heavy the next just sporting and its carrying like for days on end. But I suffer with terrible health anxiety and this last 5 years have been the worst, I've literally thought I have had every cancer going, I can't tell you how many times I've been to doctors and hospital and how many tests, scans etc I've had. Because of how my periods have been I've thought I've had cervical, or uterus cancer. But the past few nights I've been kept awake by pain in left side which radiates to my back, after Googling I now think I have pancreatic cancer and I'm scared to death, this fear is constant. I too suffer with bloating, wind constipation and just general stomach problems these have been the past couple of years, so I too thought I had stomach or bowel cancer. I lost a lot of weight through stress and no appetite, though I now think that was all down to peri, though I'm still worried about this pain I've got. Big hugs hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

I used to have this problem when I had periods and was told by gp that it's a rush of hormones that happens.

I was at another gp whom I trusted and they said exactly the same that the rush of hormones can affect the adrenal gland as well thus making you want to rush to relieve yourself.

Hope you feel better soon and do what I just done get a punch bag and kick the s**t out of it, perfect for peri and post menopausal women, gets all of the anxiety, sickness and frustration out and saves from kicking someone when they say the wrong thing lol.

• Posted

Dear Jane

Sorry you are going through all this, i am post meno but i had lack of appetite and nausea, i got gastitis which was awful, having no appetite was quite worrying because I lost weight too (put it back on afterwards and more!) it was an awful worrying time and my health anxiety went through the roof! I too have the pile issue, i think loose bowels prob aggravate them.

• Posted

Same thing is happening to me. Nausea, loose bowels at all times of the day and night. My health anxiety was under control finally, but this is putting it in high gear. Pancreatic cancer runs in my family and I'm paranoid. 😦 I think I've had all the symptoms on that huge list and each time I write myself off. I'm very glad that i found this forum because not many of my friends are having as tough a time and they think I'm nuts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.