Bowel issues for a year, swollen lymph node in neck for years, history of mononucleosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I am 20 years old and I am extremely confused on my symptoms for the past year. I had mono 4 months ago and my lymph nodes won't go down. I had lymph nodes swollen all over my neck, but they were more swollen on the right side, and I also had swollen nodes in my right collarbone. I got a FNA of the largest node in my neck (at the time it was 3.1x2.0 cm) and the biopsy found no evidence of lymphoma. Since then, it has gone down to about 2.3x1.5 cm, but it is still there and still quite large compared to the average node. No fever, no night sweats, not much fatigue and no weight loss (I've actually gained weight!). The only real issues I am having has to do with my digestive system as every time I eat a high fat meal my stool comes out kind of like type 6: mushy and floating and kind of greasy. These bowel issues have been happening for almost a year. Does all of this seem benign to you given my weight stability and biopsy results? I can't really get this out of my head and move on with life because every time I have symptoms it just reminds me that something might be wrong. Thanks for reading!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi joey, i to myself been dealing with similar problems with digestive and i have a slight swollen lympnode on the left side of my neck. i have been diagnosed about 5 or 6 months ago with gastritis...but i have doubts :\ and think its something sinister

• Posted

Why are you relating lymph node problem with gastritis.

Chronic Gastritis can occur due to bacterial infection or lifestye habits eg. foods you eat, time you sleep, how much time you sleep, sedentary lifestyle and work out.

Since you said, you have gained weight, may be it points out too much of sedentary lifestyle, that ultimately lead to indigestion and hence gastritis. Just guessing.

• Posted

I guess I thought maybe there might be a connection between my lymph nodes and my bowel issues. my bad. I do eat high fat foods pretty often though and I do not exercise or sleep much.

• Posted

In your case, as per your age, bacterial infection or lifestyle might be the root cause. Another major cause is stress and anxiety, but generally that occurs more after 30-35 , in my opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.