Bowel issues since surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I got my gallbladder out 8th Jan this year, since then everytime I go to the toilet I have very loose bowel movements and can go up to 9 time a day. Is this normal I see my surgeon in June for a follow up to my surgery

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Try to eat a lot of fibre. There is less bile to break the fats down so may pass through quicker . I had things a couple of weeks after not quite 9 times . Still now nearly 12 months later if I have a fatty day it's loose and regular !

• Posted

Hi, Louise,

Sorry you're dealing with this.  I suggest you read other threads on this site, that will give you ideas and suggestions about what you're experiencing.  xx

• Posted

Hi Louise : I had my gallbladder out last year in February. I had the same problem when I had my gallbladder out. It does take time for your abdomen to get use to not having a gallbladder. My surgeon told me when I went in for my follow-up to watch the acidy foods and greasey foods for awhile and the spicy foods. It's normal to have loose stools and it's normal to go to washroom alot for awhile , while your body heals But becareful not to get constipated. Just for awhile if you are gonna have acidy foods or greasey foods be near a washroom Just give it sometime. Take care

• Posted

THanks for all your advice.  Ive been watching what I have been eating since my op as trying to loose weight, so I have been staying away from greasy fatty foods and spicey foods Ive been trying to cook healthier meals as I know that I still get pain from spicey and fatty foods.
    • Posted

Hi Louise:. Try baking your chicken or pork chops and if you eat fish you can bake that too. I usually bake chicken or pork chops on 350 in oven until cooked. I usually just add a bit of seasoning salt and garlic salt. And if your making mashed potatoes, add a bit of milk and add shredded cheese instead of margarine or butter with a bit of salt and pepper. And if you eat eggs, make boiled or poached eggs. Just a few suggestions for you. Take care. Just give it time. Your body will take time to heal. I feel alot better now. I can eat mostly everything now. Except spicy foods. Still don't care for them. Take care

• Posted

I would call the surgeon tomorrow and tell him or the nurse what is going on.  They have medication that can help with your issues.  I certainly would not suffer till June.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.