Bowel movement after operation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, It's been more than a month since my operation and basically the skin tag is the only thing left but not that bothersome. However, bowel movement is hard. Without stool softener it's really painful and bowels are hard to come out to the point of getting dizzy.

How do you guys manage? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My mom had piles and a prolapse she went into hospital had a operation piles took of and prolapse stapled. Then the first operation they messed up so they had to rush her back in 2 days later then a week after had to have another because they found a lump so she had 3 ops all together. Now she's in a lot of pain but she don't no when she's going the toilet I'm just wondering if any1 else poop there self after having this operation as she's worried and it

• Posted

It's really hard to poop when no stool softener. I hope your mom gets better.

• Posted

Hi, I'm 5 mths post op and the only problem I have is 💩. At 1st if I needed to go, I went, I had very limited control. Now I struggle to get it out and have to squeeze my cheeks from the outside to get the last bit out.

I've narrowed down there so I've been using a dilator - horrible... but stools are getting a little bigger & easier. Maybe try that?

• Posted

She's on so many constipation tablets and poo sorters do you think that may be the reason why? It's so worrying as I really hope they haven't damaged her bowels plus she can't see properly horrible seeing her like this rolleyes

• Posted

Wee properly sorry and poo softners
    • Posted

She's on constipation and stool softeners... have I read that right?!

I would say the consultant knows best, as each operation/person is different.

I got told to stop the stool softeners after a couple of weeks, but to keep up the fibre sachets (I use fibogel), as this keeps stools large but soft.

• Posted

Thanks, Carl. Dilator seems too extreme for me. 😂 Anyways, my doctor also stopped me for taking stool softener after 3 weeks, I guess? He said to only take one if needed. Should try fibre sachets before going to bed. 😊

• Posted

I'm sure I read not to take fiber at night... not sure why tho 🤔

Yes dilator is horrid, such an ordeal lol 😂

• Posted

Is that so? Must check. 🙂 Thank you for telling me.

• Posted

Hi, Guys. So I have been drinking two glasses of lukewarm water after I wake up and taking 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of extra virgin coconut oil in 30 mins after dinner. So far no episodes of straining, my stool is definitely softer. Hope this also works for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.