Bowel movement complications post botox

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

my story is long, will try to speed it up.

i gave birth a year ago, and due to my horrible tears I developped a rather huge anal fissure which turned chronic and left a wide sentinel pile. after trying GTN, my doctor suggested LIS would do the trick. which we did but he did not want to remove the sentinel pile as it would hurt' too much given how big it was. the surgery was not successful and left with an anal fistula. I then went to LONDON, where I did the fistula lay open surgery and removed the sentinel pile AND injected botox. recovery 7 weeks after is still tough when I walk or sit. but the worst part is the bowel cleaning. since they cut the muscle and then added botox it seems like no matter what I do there is always stool stuck which I cannot remove without angrying my skin and wounds. anyone had this incontnence issue of stuck bowel movmeent and has any recommendations? thanks

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi, your story sounds like mine. Gave birth year ago, end up with a nasty fissure that still wont heal. Had botox but still wont heal, also have skin tag left they didnt removed mine.

i have the cleaning issue, after i wipe i still have tiny bit of stool stuck . i try wiping more but thats creating more fissures .. i cant win .

did your fissure heal ?

i am worried about fistula , did you have any signs of a fistula ?

• Posted

hi dear, I am so sorry youre going through a similar thing. its the worst and no one understands how bad it is. a fistula usually has pus coming out and creates irritation in the whole area. my doctor diagnosed it for sure through MRI SCAN . as for the tiny stools stuck i am hoping its a side ffect of botox that would wear off soon. my doctor says give it time but its killing me and making things so much worse with the healing... did you ask yours if its normal to have stool stuck and whqt to do about it ?

• Posted

think it is a side effect from the botox .

how has your fissure been after all the operations ?

what was recovery like from skin tag removal ?

i an wanting to get that done.

i need to mention it to doc about the stuck stools. i don't know what to do about it.

also was your fistula caused by LIS surgery ?

• Posted

how are you managing the stool bits getting stuck?

i am struggling to get area clean .

i am causing mini tears from over cleaning

• Posted

yeah i am struggling too. i tried looking and it seems like the botox has partially opened the anus a little more maybe thats why theres always a bit stool becuase it doesnt close completly. is it the same for you?

• Posted

i am still recovering now from skin tag and fissure/ fistula surgery. my lis surgery was very unsuccessful it left me with a fistula. i think the DR messed it up. but then had these recent surgeries done with another DR.

• Posted

unsure , the botox relaxes area maybe thats why . heaps of people have the same issue. it gets better when botox wears off.

After you go to bathroom, how do you clean the area?

how do you clean the stuck poop

• Posted

with sitz baths and squeezers. i try to remove the remainder with wet cotton balls but it never takes off all of it. always have some stuck that irritates the skin again.

• Posted

same always have some stuck, even after baths , showers.

i have tried cotton balls, but the extra whipping is now causing me tears on the skin around my bum. Have you had this issue?

• Posted

yes i d rather leave it then wipe too much. i also use cotton buds i wet them and turn them without rubbing to clean and avoid tearing. but you have to be extra gentle and not rub at all. try it and let me know...

• Posted

hi,

how is recovery going from fistula / fissure surgery ?

seems like the botox for me has caused a sinus on my fissure possiably an abscess

• Posted

hi, you should get it checked... recovery is lonn and slow im still sore and i have major complications because of the botox, my anus is never completely closed! i can always see stool if i look its painful and causing maajor discomfort

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.