Bowel movement issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im so sorry ladies if this question is all a bit eurgh , but have the appearance of your bowel movements changed ? Ever since I had a flu bug and upset stomach in January mine are sometimes different . I am now convincing myself that I have bowel cancer . That was the one thing I said before Christmas that at least my bowels were in good working order . I should never have said that . I just want to feel normal and worry free . I am 51

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi there , yes mine changed too and im constipated all the time .

it hasint been the same since i had a stomach flu as well . have you had a colonosphy? they say after we turn 50 we should get one done every 5 years . have ya had a recent ultrasound done ? they took a xray of my stomach area and all kinds of old hard stool is showed up on that, so they think its what has caused the bowel issue and the pain and bloating .

monday im going for a pelvic ultrasound too so im glad their looking into stuff .

i wouldnt worry to much about it all but , just make sure to follow up with your doctor , thats what im doing . im sure its all just related to our hormones and peri .

hugs to ya !

• Posted

Hi jane ...oh i am the same...this has been an ongoing issue for me but things tend to get better but i do have my blips..

have you tried a good pro biotic tablet ..

its very worrying but common. as our bodies are transitioning...

CK

• Posted

I was exactly the same as this as my peri began three and a half years ago . This was how the transition all began for me . The symptoms wane and then new ones seem to appear . My health anxiety is always at the fore . I just wish I could relax and be happy instead of constantly worrying about everything . Im waiting for my blood test results to come back now , so of cause I am fearing the worst with them

• Posted

jane

try not to worry as i am sure you are fine. these changes can send your mind into a real spin! its with you all the time but im sure you are grand...

you are not alone and keep checking in for support....

Cx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.