Bowel movements 7 times in 2 hr

Posted , 6 users are following.

Diagnosed with DV 4 yrs. ago.with routine colonoscopy.

always suffered with constipation.I also suffer with seriously bad wind which is very embarrassing. Now over the past 2/3 years am now getting diahorea frequently, no warning but just have to rush to the loo urgently.going as many as 7 times in a couple of hours I have very little pain, when going to the loo yes I get a stomach ache.

Have been prescribed Codine Phosphate but I don't like taking it continuously., after the bout I feel fine, but I'm finding these sudden  onsets worrying as I don't get any warnings. I play golf so am always praying It doesn't happen on one of those days.

have just done two days days on apple juice nothing else, and today made a smoothie of Apple ginger carrot celery and sunflower seeds but crushed then first. These bout are happening now every ten days. Inbetween I'm fine. Any ideas what I should do apart from not eat?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been on The Mayo Clinic low residue diet for years, I never eat wholemeal or any fibre or any root vegetables as it causes wind and pain. Like most people it takes years to find what suits you and this diet definitely suits me!  Luckily I can eat salads and tomatoes so do get some vitamins!!  The advice seems to be to go back to fibre as soon as the flare is over but thankfully I stuck to what suits me. I take lactulose twice a day every day which keeps everything moving! And plenty of water. I have had bleeding recently so due for a scan next week (colonoscopy a no-no as my colon is too narrow) - sending best wishes to everyone out there who is having to live with this awful disease. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.