Bowel movements

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello - looking again for reassurance - does anyone else have loose bowel movements? i have this pretty much every morning for the past 18 months, noticing that when they are 'normal' is when i also feel normal, had all the tests done and again they are 'normal' but this feels anything but - no blood thankfully, so am putting it down to hormones..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mine too have changed, from every few days to every day.......i think the body certainly changes its habits and behavior as we progress towards menopause

• Posted

I also had issues with loose bowels in the morning. I would actual feel nausea and it would pass once I went. I had a full checkup with gastro and stool samples, etc. I was diagnosed with IBS and she said hormones play havoc with your stomach and intestinal flora. She recommended over the counter probiotic and it has helped tremendously. I also noticed that perimenopause increased my anxiety which lead to loose stools as well.

• Posted

I take a probiotic daily and rarely have this issue unless I'm sick. Maybe try taking one daily and see if it helps?

• Posted

I take a probiotic daily and rarely have this issue unless I'm sick. Maybe try taking one daily and see if it helps?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.