Bowel movements yellowish light brown

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having some digestion issues for the past two months that also include acid reflux and pressure in my breastbone however my bowel movements have also changed at the onset of these symptoms and have been like this the entire time without any change. They have been a lighter brownish yellow color the whole time I’ve had these symtoms so i believe everything is related as this is not normal for me. They did find sludge in my gullbladder but said it could be because I hadn’t been eating much so I went for a hida scan and that was normal. I’ve had a ct scan of abdomen which was normal and blood tests came back normal for liver function. Has anyone else experience this and found out what was causing it? I haven’t been able to eat much and have had a bland diet but not sure that would cause the yellowish poop for two months. My GI doctor said my food is moving too fast and doesn’t have a chance for the bile to turn brown but I want to know what’s causing it.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Try adjust your diet for start.... more fibre and dont stress...it may settle in no time

• Posted

since you have sludge , it is high time to change the diet. if continue with the same diet ,it can turn into stones. try to do a gallbladder flush to see if it helps.

• Posted

I've been doing research all evening regarding tummy ache which has been going on for a week or so now.  One thing I have discovered is that it is difficult for doctors to diagnose this sort of problem because there are so many organs in the abdomen,  that is mainly in the upper quadrants that might be responsible for the problem.   Also that even nerves that connect that might not be in the immediate area, might be referencing an issue somewhere else.   There are a number of tests that can be done, and it might take some time for the medics to find the problem and treat it.

• Posted

Do you have shifting abdominal pain? Has your doctor suggested IBS?
    • Posted

Well, yes, I can say that my abdominal pain does shift - from upper quadrants, right to left, to lower abdomen etc, and also the quality of the discomfort changes.  Sometimes my lower abdomen feels simply bloated, other times, especially in upper abdomen, there is a kind of 'stitch' feeling, or sometimes even a sense of constriction down the middle between breasts.  The doctor has said that she does not think this relates to the heart, and I have previously had tests regarding this to rule heart problems out.  This morning I am having a blood test.

I am eating far less at the moment because I simply seem unable to digest the food without a lot of discomfort or pain. The worst time is at night as I cannot sleep and need to walk about.  Defecation is regular and has over a number of months now been often three times a day, of normal consistency, (and usually normal colour),  and certainly with that, often considerable constipation.

• Posted

When my IBS started, I had four different types of pain: deep grinding, dull, stabbing and sore to touch.  My pain also shifted about. I had nausea, back pain, and bowel habit change which started with onstipation, then loose stools or diarrhoea.  I have no problem with eating, my trigger is stress.  Everyone experiences IBS differently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.