bowel/poo problems.. is it just me

Posted , 10 users are following.

Ok  my worst peri symptoms started September last year but have been having symptoms for over 4 years now im 48. Since the crazy anxiety and internal shakiness started in September ..every morning i wake the same and need to run to the loo. Apologies if this is too much info rolleyes  but my poo is no longer solid and hasn’t been for almost a year . Sometime its full on runs and others its just really loose. It has also changed to a lighter colour and often floats... IM sorry for the graphic nature sad

Has anyone else got similar issues.  Who would have thought that having a normal poo would be such a huge deal..haha  Menopause gggrrrrrrrrr

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi little me, I've been the same the last 4 monthes. I'm 50, but since menapause I have developed ibs x

• Posted

Hi, Karen,

Sorry you're dealing with this.  If you have IBS-D, please know that it's a catch-all diagnosis of many conditions. The same with IBS-C. Has your doctor done any investingating into what's going on?

• Posted

I've had blood work and everything done, all come back clear. Got all the symptoms of ibs, the meds I'm on for it do help thou x

• Posted

I'm in about 3 years now of menapause x

• Posted

Hi yes I get this for the 2 weeks of the month when I have symptoms, so for me it's obviously related because as soon as I feel better, the nausea goes and my poo goes back to being solid, I always know when I'm feeling right when I have a solid poo!!! I have this app on my phone called Flo and I log all my symptoms everyday so I can see patterns and its analyses the symptoms in relation to where you are in your cycle, and it mentioned that hormone imbalance causes an increase in stomach acid, which explains the nausea, heart burn and digestive 'issues' that we all experience!

• Posted

Karen, so that could explain why everything I'm eating this week is causing a burning sensation. ( not to mention gastritis) The foods i normally could eat such as boiled egg is even causing burning. The only thing tolerable right now is a smoothie.

This should have been period week and symptons are gone haywired. I have the dryness too all of a sudden.

• Posted

Funny how I was just thinking about this yesterday. I've had peri symptoms for exactly a year now and noticed the same thing about my bowels. My main symptom in the beginning was anxiety and I thought for sure the anxiety was the cause for the loose (almost diarrhea) stools but thankfully the anxiety is not everyday anymore but I still have the same "digestive issues."

• Posted

Hello Littleme. I have had the same stomach/gut problems with you, along with a myriad others, on and off for a long long time. I went to doctors, had tests done, everything normal, dissmissed, sent home.

I was in the end of my tether because although they would tell me that I am fine the symptoms were still there and going strong. On top of all the gut problems I was also constantly warm, like low grade fever. I recently went to a doctor practicing integrative medicine. She did a complete body scan. She laso has 30 years of western medical background and she conbines approaches. She told me that I have candida fungus in my gut and started me on enzymes, probiotics and low doses of western candida medicine. She also prescribed a good quality 5HTP and magnesium oil for anxiety and sleep disturbances. Wow! It s not day 4 and I have seen dramatic difference in my mood and gut function, I can almost sleep normally, my energy has  imroved loads, plus my low grade like higher temperature has been completely restored to normal. It s almost like detoxing. No stomach aches no weird poo, feeling light and almost me again. I know that these things vary from person to person. What works for me may not work for everyone else so I am just sharing my experience. Have you considered visiting a holistic doctor with solid medical background? They are very understanding, they go through all your medical history and try to find solutions to the cause and not just trat symptoms. And as for 5HTP, it' s still early days of course but it has fixed my mood, it' s like a miracle indeed.

• Posted

Hi, this sounds amazing, something I would also like to try, could you please pm me the details of your therapist, were they in the U.K. ?
    • Posted

Karen, unfortunately not in the UK. I live in Bangkok and that's where the doctor is. I am sure you can find doctors practicing integrative medicine there. I will pm you the site anyway, you never know maybe you ll come here one day...

• Posted

No Mary. The doctor didn t say that. She just pointed out that it contributes to a degree but also said she is not in a position to say which caused which. She suspects it is the anxiety but she can t know. I ve noticed that since my gut feels better I have more energy and don t feel so lethargic anymore, which in turn put me in a bad mood, triggered health anxiety, etc etc. My anxiety and insomnia are being treated seperately with 5HTP and magnesium oil and cortisol suppressants. Actually treated is not the right word. Helped, alleviated woud be better. The doctor basically told me that there s not much she can do for the anxiety itself but she will try to balance the chemichals that cause it. She needs to see my hormone and thyroid tests to determine biochemical contriburing factors, if any. For now I am boosting my serotonin and try ro keep cortisol in check with enzymes, vitamins and amino acids.
  • Posted

Hello littleme I can't believe it reading your post I've been exactly like you since peri but didn't realise it was another of the many symptoms we go through, if I'd of know I wouldn't of put myself through a colonoscopy which was horrible. I'd gone to the doctors cos my poo was very light in colour, sloppy and floated which was very unusual for me as I was always constipated. I don't always go as soon as I wake but maybe a couple of hrs after. It's good we mention these things for others to read. I would be a wreck without this site. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.