Bowel problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

I get wind and mucus and bloating I worry about it I am having a scan

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

A CAT scan for that? No way, scan is more for something more serious.

Make a food diary, write the time you eat, the time you feel bloating, the time you poop, how it looks, aND how many times, its hard, bUT worse.. I did it for a month. My blood test came normal, no ibs, no gluten intelorance, no anemia, no nothing, but 5 weeks ago I was 3 days in the hospital "panic attack" I thought I was having a heart attack. After all I read, I diagnosed myself with gluten intolerance, and made my own diet, I had good days, and bad days, my anxiety was up and down.

I had this problem for more than 10 years.

Bloating, nauseas, acid reflux, gasses, I felt embarrassed sometimes.

I started organizing my calendar yesterday, with all I wrote in my cellphone, I discover that every time I ate chips, even the gluten free, I had diarrhea,, itchy skin, everything with wheat, will make me anxious. But my labs says something different, I'm changing doctor, I know gluten intolerance is hard to diagnose, but I'll go to the end, while I wait, I will continue my life with not wheat, my belly shrunk, no bloating, no diarrheas, no burping, aching, my poop even changed texture, I feel good. And the good thing, I lost 8 pounds in 5 weeks. I'm glad.

I hope you feel better soon, try eat healthy, natural or organic meats, eggs, fruits. Introduce your self veggies and fruit slowly. I'm only eating bananas for now, I'm scare of peaches, mango, grapes, so, do it slowly, try to study your body, it us nice, you will be thankful and happy after all.

There is nothing more beautiful in this world that have health.

Take care please.

• Posted

Try not to worry to much about scans. Many people dont even get blood tests or stool tests so its a good thing your doctor is making sure everything is ok before diagnosing you with IBS. Mucas is normal in most cases. IBS can be really worrying and life altering but its not impossible to live with. Untill your scan try to eat organic food, healthy, nothing processed or fatty. Google foods that cause bloating and wind, you will get a list of foods to avoid. This might be a good idea. Eradicating foods that cause problems out of your diet and including foods that will help will make a big difference. Knowing your food triggers and what to avoid is a key factor in managing IBS.
    • Posted

Thanku I will try what u suggested and hopefully it will help I hope my scan will be ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.