Bowel Problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have any of you guys been diagnosed with endometrosis and have had bowel problems? I've had horrible stomach issues and have been to multiple GI and had all the tests done. They are unable to find anything, yet I have the most horrible pain and random bleeding. I also have horrible pain in my bladder, and I was always bleed from there on my period. My gyno is unwilling to do anything besides give me birth control for the endo, and I keep getting thrown at GI who run the sames tests and find nothing. It is a horrible pain below my belly button, and I have chronic dirreaha no matter what I do. Hasn't let up for a year. It's to the point where I am constantly in the er from the pain.

Could this be endometrosis or is this something with my bowel?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes, deep red rectally bleeding can happen with endo, along with tough-to-stop diarrhea. If you could take some codeine pills or other strong narcotics for a few days running and 24/7, sometimes that stops the diarrhea for quite a while.

Can you get a new gyn? For me it was a superb gastroenterologist who forced the gyn to do a laparoscopy. If endo is growing on your intestine and your bladder, it creates a lot of havoc. I don't know about the bladder but I have first-hand experience of the ultimate result of endo left too long on the colon: that section of the colon gets removed, preferably prior to perforation. If your gyn & GI docs are unaware of this, they are done e for re-education.

But I am not a doctor and can't diagnose you. Have they ruled out Crohn's disease & ulcerative colitis?

• Posted

Yes, Crohn's and UC has been ruled out. 

What were your symptoms? When you had endo on your intestines?

• Posted

My symptoms were unstoppable diarrhea, cramps unrelated to periods, and the occasional 1/4 - 1 cup dark blood passed rectally. Passing that dark blood rectally didn't happen often, and it mostly happened in the wee hours while I was asleep. I'd wake up thinking how gross it was to be an adult passing diarrhea without waking up first, only to become more freaked about passing blood.

• Posted

Oh wow sad

The blood I pass is usually mixed with globs of mucus. 

• Posted

The mucus is from your digestive system. I used to have a lot too though it isn't related to endo. The question is: what color is that blood? Bright red like from a cut or some other color? This gives a vital clue as to the source of the blood. Bright blood comes from very near the rectum; dark blood comes from higherup.

• Posted

The blood I have is bright.

But I've had scopes. There's no where for the blood to be coming from. 

• Posted

From what docs always told me, brighter blood all comes from close to the rectum. Still, if doctors tell you there is no place for the blood to come from, kindly remind them that when there's endo on the outside of the digestive tract (& I include the rectum as part of that) when those endo spots go through a menstrual cycle it is possible for the blood to pass through the wall into the digestive tract. This will never show on scopes unless they happened to have one inside you at the right moment. Even then, some gastros would shake their heads and say that you didn't follow pre-scope regimen.

• Posted

Hi

I have or think I have endo. I have been peeing blood since January when I'm on my period and I have severe constipation and stomach acid problems with a lot of abdominal pain. I have seen a urologist who gave me a cystoscopy and found a small cluster of blood vessels in my bladder. He handed me over to gynaecologists who didn't do any tests at all and just went by my symptoms. They said they are just going to treat me as if I have endo and give me the mirena coil. I insisted I wanted a scan first (had this yesterday) so I am waiting for the results. The sonographer couldn't find my right ovary so I don't know what that might mean. I am really fed up of everything going on. I have to take omeprazole for acid and laxido for constipation, I have pain in my upper stomach all the time which goes into the centre of my back, pain in my right ribs, burning bladder, tired even when I've had a good sleep. My skin is very dry especially on my hands, pain in my right arm and shoulder amongst other things. The urologist wants to now remove the blood vessels from my bladder for biopsy as the gynaecologist hasn't given me much to go on. I feel like a hypochondriac with all the symptoms I'm getting and I'm worried it's more than endo. You need to fight for what you think you need, from what I can gather it's still relatively hard to diagnose and treat.

Take care x

• Posted

You know that the ONLY definitive test for endometriosis is a laparoscopy?

If it were me, I'd work with that urologist since he seems to care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.