Bowel/Stool Problem?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all,

First and I am 22 year old male, somewhat over weight. Unsure of past family history around any disorders (somewhat estranged from my family recently).

I recently switched diets to try and get back to my optimal healthy weight, lots of fiber.

Recently I noticed a change in bowel habits, I have been sitting on the toilet less and such. Also recently had a tear/fissure (or what I believed to be one) that wasn't near the anus, so I wasn't overly alarmed. Not to mention is was less blood than a paper cut and only when wiping the last couple times and then gone

Then today just shortly after lunch I went to the bathroom and noticed that my stool, possibly, seemed of when I came back with a new role of toilet paper. It looked light brown and maybe a little orange-ish? I haven't taken anything that can make it orange in appearance, but I also have noticed some partly undigested food since my diet change.

Link to the stool in question: 

Not the best lightly, but it was generally all around as light as you see where the camera flash is. The orange could have been my urine?

I've always been paranoid and don't want to spend half a day sitting in the doctor's office to learn that nothing is wrong. Money aside too. So I guess I want an opinion if anything sounds/seems alarming.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Diet change can affect your bowel habits.  You may be eating things that are not digesting well.   How long have you had these symptoms? If they have gone on longer than a week, see your doctor for diagnosis and reassurance.
  • Posted

It has been a couple weeks. I went to the doctors and mentioned it, he didn't seem overly worried since it wasn't yellow, white or overly dark. He didn't say anything about the undigested food bits, but I know that is common in high fiber diets where some foods with fiber will "skip" through. Like vegetable skins and various seeds.

• Posted

Sounds like it was due to the change in diet you had. I don't think it is anything to worry about unless you start seeing blood in your stools or experience abdominal pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.