Bowel trouble

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've suffered with bowel troubles since being a teenager and I'm now 23. It started when I went travelling and I ended up with a stomach ache and for a few months I'd be going the toilet and clear goo would come out when I poo. This has continued on and off for the last 6 years. I suffer with severe cramping in my stomach when I go and it feels like my stomach and bum is throwing up. Recently I have given up alcohol for lent and it has felt much better. Last night and tonight I have had a drink to celebrate competing a course and I am in agony. The pain is so bad in almost crying. I'm heaving and the pain in my stomach is unreal

Does anyone know what this could be sad it may sound vague but doctors haven't helped at all saying it could be something I've eaten

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You don't suffer from irritable bowell syndrome do you, I'm asking as I know you can pass mucous with that and you can have severe cramping with it it's worth asking your dr 

• Posted

A doctor once mentioned it but it comes for long periods of time and then goes for a little while and no food triggers it as I've had a food diary before sad

• Posted

My crohn started like that, i came back from a trip and that's when it all started, loosing weight, going to the bathroom 10-12 times a day, pain. I was 17. Did your doctor consider you passing a colonoscopy? Thats how they found out i had crohn in all my large bowel and some of my small one too.

Did you pass some tests?

• Posted

Hi Annie, my mum has crohns and I've been the doctor lots but they just check for haemorrhoids and fissures rolleyes other than that they don't really take me seriously and it's been years

• Posted

Hi Charlie, my advice to you is to ask for them to pass you some tests, because that's the only way they will see what the problem is. It gets me angry when doctors don't rake us seriously.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.