Bowel Troubles Mucus

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have struggled with constipation my whole life. It wasn't until three years ago that I finally committed to losing weight did it finally impact me how irregular I was, how swollen it made my stomach, that it is painful not to have a bowel movement, etc. (lost 210lb)

I have to manually start myself and sometimes that doesn't fully help me as I cannot fully clean myself out. I also get mucus that comes out every so often in big globs(well, big to me. About the size of a penny or nickel) and they'll come out as I pass gas or when I try to poop, but nothing else comes out.

Anyone have an idea of what could be the issue? I noticed this for the last few years.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Could be down to diet change. Are you having any abdominal pain?

• Posted

I do a bit because the bowels get compacted. My feces are very hard, like small nuggets. I almost never have the runs. If I do, milk of magnesia caused it.

• Posted

Maybe try lots of fruit or a stool softener to make your stools easier to pass and if that doesn't help, see your doctor.

• Posted

I eat three servings of fruit per day, hit my fiber goals, and take two stool softeners per day with no effect. I will be getting a new doctor who will take me seriously in this matter. Thank you.

• Posted

This is strange because fruit really helps me if I get constipated and so do laxatives. Hopefully another doctor will be able to help you more. You may need a different type of stool softener or a stronger dose. Maybe try prune juice on the meantime; that worked for me.

• Posted

Have you ever consulted a doctor for your condition?

• Posted

i have my primary care she just dismisses me and sends me to a referral that doesn't take care of me either. He made me fill out a survey and then told me he wanted to do a colonoscopy. He didn't examine me at all. My insurance will not pay for a colonoscopy since I am only 26.

• Posted

You should see another doctor, or go to a hospital emergency room where they have equipment that independent doctors don't have. They cannot turn you away because you have no insurance.

• Posted

I do have insurance through my workplace. I have even been referred and they only want to prescribe medicines instead of looking inside. My insurance company will not cover a colonoscopy on someone as young as I am. They have given me Amitiza and Linzess. They are hit and miss for working. Thank you for your replies. I will just keep on keeping on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.