Bowels

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Background:

I have had 5 years of constant diarrhea 6-20+ times a day. After extensive testing, there was no real answers. Eventually i found the right dr and I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I had severe adhesions attached from my uterus to my bowel and as a result had a hystorectomy 2 months ago.

Since then my bowels have been progressively inproving and i now go normally once a day. I am having some pain afterwards which i feel is probably due to the muscles being sore now they have started to work properly again.

Has anyone been in this situation? Did it improve? Is there anything i can do to help it along?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry can't answer your query but very interested in your story. I have had problems with bowels which delayed my diagnosis of a large ovarian cyst. I can't remember when I didn't have a sore side but it was thought to be IBS or when most severe it was diverticulitis. Only when I begged doctor to do some more investigations  did we find this out. I am now two weeks into recovery from a total abdominal hysterectomy. Still taking laxatives to try to make things easy but they are not always effective. Last couple of days had pain in both sides where ovaries used to be rather than the non specific sore tummy since op.   More painful in right side again but am hoping this would be because there was more to remove from there. Definitely worse after a bowel movement - but it always was. I think we need to remember that insides take longer to heal than outside. I am so glad that your main problems have improved. That will make a big difference to your life. Onwards and upwards! Take care. 

• Posted

Hello... This is very interesting to read I have had a total hysterectomy in September as I had a tumor and a few other reason.. Never had any problems with my bowels until after my hysterectomy I have now had 2 divaticuliest attacks where I have ended up in hospital and had many iv bags of antibiotics put thru me.. Divaticuliest attacks are the most painful thing I have ever experienced. But No answer to why all of a sudden these are happening.
    • Posted

As you say diverticulitis is b*****sore! Only time I have ever been sick from pain. GP guided me on foods to avoid as they can set it off. Anything seedy or nutty can get into the little pouches of your bowel and fester. So no strawberries or raspberries this year. Stopped eating kiwi fruit.  Nuts always caused me problems but sometimes the flesh is weak and I just sneak a few.  Most vegetables made me uncomfortable but I am keeping fingers crosssed that I can go back to eating some of them again. Cabbage, cauliflower and sprouts are definitely not for me. I only eat white bread these days but have. compromised by getting a bread maker. Mushrooms are ok and courgette in moderation. I sill eat onion, aubergine on occasion. The is something called a fodmap which shows you likely foods to cause irritation but my doctor says it is personal and trial and error for each person. There is also a diverticulitis forum on patient. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi I'm 13 weeks post op and my bladder and bowels are still feeling delicate. I'm having to take laxatives still or I'm constipated. Trying to have more fruit and water which helps but I think you need to give yourself more time. Not being able to go is painful and uncomfortable. It's been one of the worst parts of my post op recovery. Not had any pain other than this discomfort and the exhaustion of recovering from a major op. Good luck and take things easy x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.