Bowen Technique

Posted , 5 users are following.

i went yesterday to the English lady here in Florida who does the Bowen therapy.  She was trained in Austrailia and England before moving to the States some 15 years ago. 

It was an interesting two hours.  The first hour we talked about my condition and how she came to study Bowen and the second part was Bowen.  It's rather strange to me but I believe it works.  Today I was filled with energy that didn't let up.  I am not 100% perfect in the pain dept. But not too bad at all and it comes and goes.

if this works for me I'm coming over there to give Lodger a hug😀 or  maybe she'd rather  have a bottle of the "monk juice"

Audrey

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mrs. O,

It's has to be a constant reminder because initially when we get those good days we may think, wow I'm cured.  

Today in the States there are big celebrations for the 4th.  We have always had festivities at our house and this year it will be no different except for the size of the group.  Overdid it a little bit yesterday but my husband is learning to help,out a lot and he enjoys it.  My son will man the grill and the two Kim's 

my daughters in law will clean up.  

Woke up with a slight sore throat so have to deal with that with lots of gargling.  May try Mucinix.  I check everything I take now for possible reactions with the prednisone.  It's a whole new life of learning 

Take care.

Audrey

• Posted

Happy 4th July, Audrey, and to all our friends on the other side of the pond!  So glad you've got all the family helping out - that's how it should be.

I do hope the sore throat doesn't worsen.  Frequent warm salt water gargles can help, and I'm a firm believer in eating a slice of warm buttered toast smothered in fresh garlic when bugs are around - not such a good idea for you until bedtime today though or you'll be frightening all the guests away!

Enjoy the celebrations!

MrsO

• Posted

Hi, I have had PMR for four years which hopefully is now in remission after two flareups when I got to about 6 or 5mg of preds. In addition (or because of??) for the past 18 months I have also had lower back ache/sciatica. The sciatica has really slowed me up - it's so achy and painful. However I recently had three sessions with a great Bowen practitioner  (also an ex physio). She treated me and my energy has  improved. She also recommended the warm up and relaxation parts of  a kundalini yoga video and I think this is helping free up my lower back. Before I got PMR (aged 63) I was a very active person and have found it depressing to say the least to spend my sixties tottering around. Thanks to everyone on this thread - since I found you all - you have  been a great help to me. I am now living in mid Wales, UK if there i anyone else near.
  • Posted

Hi bmd,

Cheryl Hiller my Bowen therapist said therapist by you is a bit abrupt in his personality but he is very good in what he does.  Just thought I'd pass that on.  

I couldn't do my therapy yesterday because I was too sick, very weak all of a sudden to do anything.  I have to get pred adjusted to the right amount.

Working on it.

let me know how it goes.

take care,

Audrey

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.