Bowl movements after TAH BSO

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello girls

I wanted to know if this is normal, I am almost 4 weeks post op and I am not getting any notice I need a number 2 I have to rush to the toilet, I don't have the runs but a bit concerned can anyone help? X

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Sorry 5 weeks post op not 4
  • Posted

Hi Nicola I'm nearly 4 weeks post op and I'm the same! I am going to GP tomorrow! Perhaps it's normal. Interested how others were x
    • Posted

Mrs kiwi are you still bleeding? I am waiting for swab results tomoro and it's either very dark yellow or bright red smells too xx
  • Posted

Hi Nicola, 

I had a full hysterectomy at the end of June last year so it's 14 months ago now and I was exactly the same for a few months, I was scared of leaving the house but everything seems back to normal now thank goodness 😊

• Posted

Hi Nicola

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but do you mean that you have been or haven't?

Jo

• Posted

Hiya thank you for all your quick replies x Jo I am going a lot but it is sudden no warning just got to get to the loo quick very weak bowel at the moment xxx
    • Posted

Hi Nicola that sounds awful! Poor you. I would definitely go to the doctors and get it checked.

I was lucky as the ward I was on gave me a direct number to call if I had any problems. Get it checked out mate.

Jo

• Posted

Hiya Jo

Yeah hon I've got to ring tomoro for my swab results so I will mention it with the nurse x cheers my dear x

• Posted

No problem. Let us know what the doc says. Hopefully it's a "normal" thing with some women. Must be horrible.

Hope all goes well

Jo

• Posted

Hi Nicola.

Are you drinking a lot of fluids, and making sure you eat lots of food that keeps the bowels loose, like they told you to in hospital? If so, maybe you are taking in a bit too much fibre and fluid?

Just a thought. Hope it helps, or someone else can help.

• Posted

Hiya vauxhallgirl

Yeah I'm eating what I should eat I'm not really bothered about the amount if times I go I've always been regular it's the fact that normally you feel it coming on but at the moment there's nothing then omg I need to go I'm not loose just normal xx

• Posted

Oh I see. Yes that sounds a bit odd. Maybe things are still a bit nerve-jangly in there at the moment....they rough you around a bit - moving organs out of the way - when doing the Hyster. But a word with the Doc is probably your best bet. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.