bowl movements is this another symptom with fibro

Posted , 4 users are following.

having really bad stomach troubles lately stomach cramps and constantly on the loo is there a test for ibs does anyone else suffer with this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi sarahpainfree I only started with Ibs since Ive had fibro I dont take anything for it.  The only thing I take is imodium if it is Im going out any where as I find this helps. You could have a chat to your gp see if they can give you something. Take care
  • Posted

thanks for reply last few days iv been shocking I'm waiting on a call from.gp today see if she can help I was really stressed yesterday over work issues so don't think that has helped me
    • Posted

When we are upset it plays havoc with our bowels, I have the same problem. Hope you can get the work issues sorted as its not going to help you with the Ibs or fibro. Im disgusted how they are treating you and being with you. They should be helping you and supporting you. Please get in touch with the CAB as they can help you, they will know your rights where works concerned. They are best to advise you or a solicitor who deals in employment issues. Hope the Ibs soon eases for you its not nice to have, I had it all last week so you have my every sympathy. 
  • Posted

Hi,I'm the other way completely......due to pain meds it stops me going( sorry if I'm to graphic).i do take a precribed med for it but still have tummy pains and am unable to 'go'!!...eat a very well balanced diet to,lots of fruit and veg.

im still new to the diagnosis and find myself having pains I never knew you could get pain,tight feeling in hands,wrists painful.shoulders,tips of shoulders,neck,back,leg and boy knee pain.and so so tired.i can sleep for 2/4 hours a night then fall asleep at 7 ish and sleep another 3 hours,despite trying so hard I still fall asleep during the day.

I wish I knew if what I'm suffering is due to fybromyalgia....sorry to moan peeps xx

• Posted

thanks for reply now and again I struggle but then other days I don't but really having bad stomach cramps and what a day to have them when I'm so weak drained tired and sore with my fibro been unable todo school runs not even been dressed just resting
  • Posted

Hi sara, iv'e had no end of problems in this area, constant going one min to not going at all the next, i had IBS anyway but it's got a whole lot worse.. the amitriptyline made me go and the co-codamol bungs me up. certain foods set me off too (branflakes are the worst) i keep a pack of immodium on hand just in case.

xxx

• Posted

yes I took Immodium for last two days they do the trick doc wants me in for bloods etc next week x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.