Bowling

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am so excited, 26 day post op and I bowled 32 bowls today.  Can't say it was easy, but it was worth the effort.  Just need to get this sleeping under control and I will be on a roll.  Only 4 weeks till my other knee op so I have a target.  Hope this encourages everyone who is struggling. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That is good, my Mum gave up bowls after her new knee, mind you her other knee was really bad too. I am going to attempt to get in and out of my friends hot tub today. Mind you nearly twelve weeks, her and her husband might end up hauling me out! 
    • Posted

You should be able to do that, if the tub is above the deck and has steps. Just have someone to support you. I was in mine at 5 weeks after my visit with the surgeon, and he said to go for it. It felt really good too! Enjoy
    • Posted

Nothing fancy an inflatable one, but I managed fine, my good leg is strong and I sat on the side to get in putting my operated leg in first and the pushed on my good leg to get out. It was great, feel brilliant now and knee is nice and relaxed and bending well. 
  • Posted

Congratulations Sue - it certainly gives me encouragement leading up to my TKR May 27. I have tickets for a brilliant concert (classical) three weeks on and I am determined to go.

Gail

• Posted

Good for you Gail.  I also have a goal and I think it helps to focus on that.  
  • Posted

Just be careful not to twist it. You are still early stages and the healing inside takes a long time. You don't want to mess it up and have to get it redone. 
    • Posted

Thanks ann.  I have been bowling with a fixed stance for some time so less likely to twist my knee.  Also I am using a stick on the green.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.