Boyfriend feels no love?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. 

My boyfriend has been diagnosed with PTSD.

He often says he feels numb, emotionless, deattached, no purpose, feels bored of life, is flat in emotions. He went through something extremely traumatic some time ago..

He has told me that he struggles to feel love for me (although previously in our 6 yr relationship he used to love me and always express this).

Has anyone else experienced that they struggle to feel love for their partner? I love him dearly and I feel broken hearted, I just want to understand what’s happening..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi boyfriend has ptsd, I don't know your name but I have ptsd through assault sadly but knows how your boyfriend feels a little as ptsd has a set of symptoms which lead to someone diagnosing it. You both need support it's so tough to live with it's nearly split our marriage several times! I feel for you both, it's one of the hardest things to live with I think. Good luck, pull on all the support you can get. You'll need it. X

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply. 

Appreciate it a lot ♥️

He also tries to look for ‘faults’ in our relationship. Before his PTSD, we had an amazing relationship which he was happy with but now it’s like, he finds excuses to why he has to leave, and he’s many times mentioned it’s ‘unfair to me’ as he is a ‘damaged person’

Why is he trying to look for excuses? I really don’t understand and this is breaking me sad

• Posted

My partner has broken up with me and has isolated. A week ago I reached out to him asking if he was alright and he replied that he’s fine, however, he’s cant speak to or see me right now. He accepts my apology for an nasty email I sent him a while back and he also said that all was forgiven. Although he’s said this, he still won’t speak to me or text. Although I’ve read about not taking things personally, I still feel as if I said something to make him feel the need to isolated and avoid me. He’s usually a very kind-hearted and sweet guy, but this ptsd has him behaving in ways that I’m not used to. I’m sorry your email going through what sounds similar to my situation and I wish you the best with finding peace.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.