Boyfriend has a lump. Should I be this worried?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all,

I am posting this because my boyfriend has a lump on his testicle and I am incredibly worried about it and I do suffer from health anxiety which makes it all the worse. This may be a slightly long post but thanks to anyone who reads it.

So, a couple of months ago my boyfriend told me he had a tiny lump on his testicle that had been there for about a year. I was immediately worried and upset he had not gone to the doctors straight away. However, I had never felt it myself before if I were to touch or massage his balls. It was only after he told me and I really really had to try hard to find it. It feels like a tiny pimple at the bottom of his right testicle. Nothing else about his testicles are unusual. No swelling, no hardening, no pain. It is a very tiny, barely noticeable lump but it just worries me that it has been there for a year or more. I have bugged him a lot to go and see a doctor but he has been dragging his feet. He has finally made an appointment for Monday today, and I do feel a sense of relief in the fact that I will either have my mind at ease and have to stop worrying about it, or if it is something bad, at least it can then be treated.

I have read that testicular cancer is very treatable and usually curable. I have also read that cancer is the rarest cause of a lump in the testicles. However, what worries me is that the most common cause seems to be epididymal cysts , but would they have to be located at the top of the testicle? I just worry because his lump is at the bottom. Is it still possible for it to be a cyst of some sort? I have also read about varioceles, but they usually occur in the left or both, so very very rarely on the right alone, so again I do not think it is that. My biggest worries are that it has spread or something (in the typical fashion of a hypochondriac jumping to the worst conclusions) or that his fertility will be affected by any of this (we do want kids some day). He is also 35 so he is in the age group which worries me.

I would just like reassurance if possible. Have any of you ever had a lump on your testicle? And what did it feel like, where was it, and what did it end up to be? And if you did get diagnosed with cancer, what was the outlook and treatment like? And, in your opinion, does the fact that this is a small lump a good thing? Like even if it was cancerous, would it be more treatable ? I have read in the early stages it can be as small as a pea or marble, but I would say it could be even smaller than a pea.

Thank you all in advance, I am one worried girlfriend.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.