Boyfriend has put all his weight on his fractured foot

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

My boyfriend fractured his ankle two weeks ago this Sunday, he’s had two hospital appointments since it happened the last one was Monday just gone where they said the X-ray looks good and she will see us in a week, with the bank holidays we would have to go on a Thursday she said about us going tomorrow but said much wouldn’t change so go next Thursday. My boyfriend fell onto his cast earlier and put all his weight on his foot and is now in a lot of pain a few hours later,  he’s worried when he nexts goes it then will say he needs an operation, do you think he will be ok? Or is it worth us trying to be seen by the doctor tomorrow for an X-ray to check?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

In the circumstance Zoe I would just get him down to A and E.

Good luck. Richard

• Posted

HI Zoe

Sorry about your boyfriend.  He should be fell after the fall besides pain. The cast should protect him pretty well. But if he is still in pain in 24 hours I would say give the doc a call and maybe they will check it.  I fell, leaned and tripped , had pain and was fine. 

Good luck!

Rose

• Posted

Hi Zoe 

It’s a nightmare nwb! I have fallen or rather tripped so put my fractured leg down a couple of times now. First time I went to A & E they X-ray  and said nothing wrong , but this was 24 hours after and I was still in pain. Best advice is elevate (that’s good 6 inches above heart level) and get ice pack and put behind knee. Plus take paracetamol and ibuprofen. But if he is worried still then go to A&E for a check up. They won’t mind at all and better safe than sorry. 

Hope he recovers quickly. 

Sue

• Posted

he's probably fine..cast most likely will protect but better safe than sorry and a visit to doc/a&e is not a bad idea. In meantime elevate but avoid ipuprofen as pain killer...stick to paracetemol type (google it...ibuprofen not good for fractures)

• Posted

I really think that you should call the the number for the Emergency doctor on call because it could be messed up but maybe it's not but it's better to be safe than sorry cuz I have felt quite a few times probably about 10 times since the first of all and hopefully I haven't missed anything up but I just contacted my doctor they would tell me to put ice on it and pop it up though and that you can see if that's what they're going to tell you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.