Boyfriend just started Suboxone treatment, how to tell if he uses again??

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! My boyfriend just recently started Suboxone treatment on Thursday March 1st. He goes to the clinic/pharmacy every morning for his dose. I know absolutely nothing about addiction or treatment except for what I've read on the internet. He was addicted to Heroin, Fentanyl and any other drugs that he could get his hands on when Heroin/Fentanyl weren't available like Xanax and Percocets.

I guess my questions are about him using while on Suboxone, he tells me that if he were to use he wouldn't get high. So far the internet has said that's a lie. Depending on what he were to use, he would have some sort of side effect no matter what. Right? He says that if he were to use while on Suboxone, he would become really ill. Is this true? How am I to know if he does use while on this treatment. I don't go with him to the clinic because I have a full time job and he goes while I'm at work. I definitely knew when he was using Heroin or Fentanyl before though, I'm just not sure I would be able to notice now.

Before he started the treatment he was very open and honest with me about his drug use/addiction. I am hoping he would tell me if he were to use while doing treatment but I am just not sure.

Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.