Bp 290/240!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Last week my blood pressure skyrocketed to 290/240. Its usually around 216/150 on meds. Have a appointment at Weill hypertension clinic Monday. Anybody have experience with bps this high.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi I had bp at 300/200 was in hospital for 2 week had tests to see if they was a reason for such high bp but nothing was ever found for me it's just about taking alot of tablets to keep it down 10 a day ...... I'm guess you have had tests to see for a secondary reason ?? thyroid checked ect ....what tablets you taking ?? x

• Posted

No, not yet. I have a fit when mine is 130's over 90. 

i have read that sometimes it could be another rare reason such as an adrenal gland problem. Maybe they can do a scan. Another reason could be kidney problems and there are blood tests for renin and aldosterone...maybe you can bring these up?

• Posted

I had a similar experience I started walking 5 minutes a day .I started drinking  more water every day
  • Posted

The only time I ever had a reading like that was when I developed a "thunderclap

headache", which can be associated with an aneurysm of the brain.  Needless to say

hospital personnel moved very quickly taking me right in to the cat scanner.  No rupture showed and that was a big relief.  If your pressures are running 216/150 on meds, you're obviously on the wrong meds.  I'm sure they're going to put you on a different med straight away.  Good luck to you.

• Posted

With BP that high I would not have waited for an appt, would have called an ambulance and been transported to hospital, that sort of level you should not be waiting for appt, it need dealing with immediately.
  • Posted

My husband has Parkinson’s and with medication, his blood pressure sky rocketed to 200 pretty much every morning!  May I ask do you have PD and are you on PD medication?  Experience with shortness of breath and chest pain?  Must visit

Emergency if you do!!!

• Posted

What had the outcome been, have they changed ur meds?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.