BP again 2 years after the first time...but other side now.

Posted , 2 users are following.

BP again....2 years later but other side of face! Had it in 2015 May, and now again other side 3 days 5 days ago. Never "fully" recovered from the first time with some residuals. But other than that looked normal (face, etc.). Each time I got the BP, someone close to me died, last time my Brother, this time my Father. Heard that stress can also cause BP. Coincidence? Not sure anymore. I am 63 years old. Got the usual meds needed for the BP from the doc, although many online believe they are not needed. The different this time are a few new things! The Worst being the affected side Eye. Turned so red and raw, most pain I ever felt in my life! Felt like sand was thrown in my eye until I went to the Ophthalmologist yesterday, Thank God! Had to get a Antibiotic Ointment for the infection along with the ointment to keep the eye moist, and told me to Stop the lubricating eye drops! Mostly because of the infection. He checked my eye happy to know the Cornea was not damaged, just a lot of dry spots and mucus he said. I did the patching, lube tears all day, etc. before seeing him, still got this infection! Today is the 2nd day of the new lubes, eye is burning Less along with the redness. But I have a patch on day and night regardless. Don't want to take no more chances. The other different than the first with BP, my Tongue was Less raw this time and I seem to have Full taste on the buds. But my Mouth is More slanted this time than the first. Also, Less pain in the back of the ear than the last, not everyday like the first time. Anybody ever take Oxycodone 5mg for the pain? I was offered that. Anyone get extremely tired feeling all the time? Been recently reading about the Amino Acids, Acetyl L-Carnitine and Lipoic Acid and how it Helps with BP a Lot, among many other things!!! Google it! It repairs the damaged nerve/s that causes BP for one. And Wal-Mart even has this. Anybody with feedback would be appreciated. I will keep posting updates as well. Hope this time goes away Quicker!!! Good Luck to the Rest of You too!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Jerry, if you read back further in my original post there are several people that say they got BP twice, sometimes same side sometimes other side.  One person even said they have had it 3 times.  Talking about your eye, it sounds like what my son had.  He had "shingles" in  one eye.  Very painful, dry, red and itchy.  He is okay now but Dr. said shingles.  He had body shingles  when he was about 38 also, unusual for being so young.  I got this BP when I was 71 and have not recovered except that my face isn't so droopy.  

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

I actually had the Shingles Shot about 5 months ago. My severe eye redness is finally going away after using eye Lubricant (like Vaseline, NOT just lubricating drops) Those drops were pretty useless. Had to use them every 20 minutes! But the lube in the tube for the eyes lasted a few hours at a time! It's a good thing I went to the Optimologist for this, he said I had dry patches on the eyeball. I also had the lube antibiotic for the eye that he gave me. All in all it's been almost a month now, and the eyelid is getting better Much quicker than the last episode of BP!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.