BP issues during peri

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone had their BP go up dduring peri? After I had my daughter last year I was diagnosedwith hypertension. I was on meds for about 9 months. My NO finally balanced out and I am off the meds. But yesterday and today I woke up feeling shaky and weak with a fuzzy like feeling in my head. Today my bp was up. I am in the ER now. Not to mention I am 4 days late with my period.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi sharcerv52408, yes, I have. Mine was normal. Don't be surprised if the Doctors find nothing wrong. (however, do not neglect to go and get it checked)

A lot of women, my self included wake up with the shaky, weak, fuzzy head thing. I'm finally at 16 months with no period and these horrific symptoms are leveling out. Hang in there... 

• Posted

Hi Sharcerv

my blood pressure tends to be the opposite, on the lower side ... but we are all different and if you feel concerned a nurse can check that for you and a full blood check is always good... have your B12 blood checked its a seperate test, I have B12 injections as I use to feel shaky, lethargic, no energy etc and it perks me up no end... and the B6 helps alot too.. I know when i need a B12 shot as I feel low, shaky and just weird within my body, then bingo its like watering a dying plant for me... i perk up again.. i need one every two weeks, if i stretch to three is feel awful again.. 

Jay xx

• Posted

Dear Sharcerv52408,

Naturally, my bp has always been on the lower side but since getting into this state, it's been fluctuating so I was put on medication which has made it a bit better. But even with that, it drops below my normal readings sometimes. My dear, let's keep hope alive as it shall all pass. Some days are good some days are bad but hey, life must go on. As I write now, am in one of my bad days but managing. Didn't even feel like getting out of bed for work but here I am trying to struggle through the day. Enjoy the week.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I have to remember that this will all pass, soon hopefully. That is why I am grateful for this webpage because it has help me in so many ways. It is good to know that there are people out there that are going through the same things as yourself.smile
  • Posted

hi Sharcerv

re: shaky feeeling.. fuzzy head and weakness,, jelly legs  its probably down to your period being late .. i had horrid things happen just before mine were due in peri... especially shaky and dizzy etc..

hope you pick up soon.. Jay xx

• Posted

Hello ladies,

I do not know if any of you have experienced what am going through. It looks as if I get different symptoms every day. Hope am right

• Posted

Hi Cecilia

there are so many symptoms in peri, lots... 

and yes they can vary from day to day, up and down etc, 

when i think about it, for me... anxiety, aches, fog brain, feelings of doom, sudden runny nose out the blue, aching teeth and gums, dizzyness, weakness, cant be bothered with anything, loss of appetite, loss of libido, feeling worthless, emotional, tearfulness, digestive disorders, were the worst things... there are more too... but i am feeling alot better now, thanks to my mix of Vits and naturals.. 😄 been in peri 9 years or more so experienced the lot really... 

take care ladies Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks Jayneejay. I have been in this for a year and have noticed when one symptom goes down another comes. So many of them. God help us, as it's a very difficult situation. Thanks once again
    • Posted

Yes you are so right! I go from one thing to another with my symptoms too. My period finally came today. But with it I have feeling muscle pain/sensitivity in my neck, arms, shoulders, pressure in my head, anxiety. It's been horrible! But I'm trusting God that this too shall paas.
  • Posted

Dear sharcerv52408, I was in and out of the ER almost six months last year. I finally had to do some work on my anxiety/panic attacks and to tell you the truth, it's made a vast difference for me. It took me a long time to come to terms with my present situation though I sometimes get them but try to work at it. I wish you well and remember, it shall all pass. Hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.