Bp medication ampolidine 5mg

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi after taking my bp for a month and 24 hr monitor which were brtween 142 -156 and being given 5mg ampoldine for just 3 days my bp is showing 126 which is good but im wondering will it keep dropping and possibly drop too low?im not due back to drs for 3 weeks?tia

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My Dr told me to monitor my blood pressure before taking the anti hypertensive drug - to keep a diaryl. This is valuable in helping the dr to decide on the correct dose for you. Good luck. 
  • Posted

Karen, I don't think you need worry about 5mg of amlodipine dropping your BP too low.  Keep your eye on things of course, but I'll be surprised if you get any readings below 120, and even 110 is considered excellent in most cases

• Posted

Be aware of potentila side effects. Read the leaflet inside the packet. I was on 5mg of ampoldine for 3 years and then they added 10mg Ramipril.

Did not notice the side effect creep up on me until it was too late for 5 years. Palpatation and iregular hear beat.  Depression, panic attacks. Lack of sleep and IBS.

Came off the tablets 6 months ago but still suffering from some of the side effect. 

Lost faith in the system. looking a more natural way to reduce BP        

• Posted

I will agree with Karen about looking for a natural way to curb high blood pressure. Whilst every individual is different, these meditations almost ruined my life. Within a space of 2 months I was put on about 4 different drugs because of side effects. I could barely conduct my job. Luckily enough, I had the courage to put a plan in place. I did not stop my medication, rather, i embarked on ruuning for 1hr every morning. I eat spinach and fish, drank fresh fruit juice, drank a lot of water. Within two months i lost 10kg down from 97kg. My blood pressure reduced from 170 to 148 systolic and 110 to 95 diastolic. To crown it all, i bought resperate. My blood pressure is now 111/83. My medication (lisinopril) has been reduced from 5mg to 2.5 and now 1.25. In two weeks I will walk away from medication, so says my dr. My blood pressure continue to be normal. I still continue to exercise. I am now 88kg. I am 44yrs old.

Good luck

Stanley

• Posted

Stanley60767 I live in US what is 97kg? Did you lower your blood pressure just from exercising?   You are doing so Great! I am going to start walking and hope I can get mine down. I am almost 62 so wish

me luck! I to have been on like 5 meds in the last 7 month so I do want off so bad now!

Thank you

Meika

• Posted

Hi Meikakey,

1kg =6.3 stone; so 97kg will be about 15.4 stone.

You can reduce or eliminate blood pressure medication through exercise and dieting. I started with long walks and then intermittent running. Get your weight down and cut on salt. Resperate device has worked for me. You can do it; just be consistent in the actions you put in place. It will take time, be patient. All the worries about medication and side effects are even more worrying. Put a long term goal.

• Posted

karen10128...It seems that the Amlodipine is doing what it was hoped to do, & within a good time frame as well. 

Keep an eye on the numbers, & if they continue to drop, then by all means advise your doctor. You didn't state your age, but I've been told on good authority that 120/80 is NOT the 'golden' reading anymore. Age factor, along with other factors come into it. While 120/80 WAS the 'golden reading'...they have finally come to realise that not everyone is the same. 

You've been on the Amolodipine for just 3 days...be mindful of whatever side effects may come up as well, i.e. swollen feet/ankles/legs. This is a very common side effect with Amlodipine but everyone is different. I was ok on the 5mg but it didn't control my bp.. The Dr. upped the dose to 10mg...then I got the swelling...Amlodipine was then taken away. This was a few years back, but I know a some people who don't have a problem with Amlodipine. Again, we're all different. You may be one who has no problems with it. Please let us know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.