BP MONITOR

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi 

I was given a blood pressure monitor to take my own readings for three days at three times a day,returned it to the surgery and now have been told the readings are there but because i have not enclosed a paper with my readings written down the doctor can not accept them ,no one told me to write the readings down and why would i when they are registered on the machine ???she wants me to do it all again so i am very confused over this and can not get a sensible answer from the receptionist .

thank you in advance of reply's

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think that maybe the reason is that if the last persons readings hadn't been deleted and you hadn't done the test then you could use there results, only reason I can think of any way, I had to do the same so they could do an average.

Want hurt to do it again so you get the right results.

Hope all goes well

• Posted

Thank you, dont help myself as i get so stressed out over these things ,even when just visiting the doctor  
  • Posted

I think that maybe the reason is that if the last persons readings hadn't been deleted and you hadn't done the test then you could use there results, only reason I can think of any way, I had to do the same so they could do an average.

Want hurt to do it again so you get the right results.

Hope all goes well

• Posted

My gp gave me a chart which I photo copied and each time I go for a check up I fill it in for her. She can then see at a glance all the numbers, instead of individually as you would on the monitor.

I've tried to copy the chart I was given but don't know if you can see it or not.

• Posted

THANK YOU JANE 243 I WILL COPY THIS OUT HOPEFULLY 
    • Posted

Hope it works out for you, all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.