BP readings all over the place

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I'm a 51 yr old male , general good health , somewhat of a work a holic , recently my doc asked me to keep and eye on my BP at home because I got an above average reading at his office ,

I do work a very Stressful job and eat like a horse and also I do smoke , not a lot but it's there .

I do get readings all over the place up & down

Examples :

4:00am at kitchen table before coffee ...133/84

12:00 noon at work stress ...145/90

5:00pm Saturday mowing lawn ...133/87

9:00pm relaxed..... 128/82

The above are just a few examples , I always note exactly what I'm doing when I take readings , my BP jumps up and down and is constantly all over the place all day at different times ,

I do own a top of the line BP machine .

I haven't seen a BP reading of 120/80 or below in myself since I was in my 20's .

My doc says he can't say I have high BP for sure because the readings are so erratic and is very hesitant to give me meds . Nor do I want meds , Is there anyway I can stabilize this BP . Or is this normal .... Open to suggestions

Thanks .

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Craig,

?I meant to mention is my earlier Post:

?Watch for Bob and Lily's Responses.  They're obviously both knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate People!

?And lastly, I just saw one of your responses to one or the other about being a single Parent, working 13 hrs per day, and getting up at 3:45.  Why?  Unless You're in Bed by 8, You're not getting enough quality sleep which affects BP and overall Health!  And as a Single Parent, if something happens to you, who's going to take care of the Child/Children?  Yeah, I used to tell myself "A Man's gotta do what a Man's gotta do", i.e., the 80 Hr weeks.  My Wife of 50 years has some GREAT STORIES she tells me of our Kids when they were growing up.  She did a Fabulous Job!  And I live with so much regret for missing so much of their Childhoods!  And please!  I'm not chastising you - I'm just hoping you don't get to 70 where I am and look back with as much regret.

?Take care!  Ernie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.