Bp tabs and orlistat

Posted , 5 users are following.

befor i take orlistat can it be taken if you are on blood pressure tablets? im on filodopene and im 4 stone over weight??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

really not sure but always best to check with ur GP!
  • Posted

I am on lisinopril for BP and orlistat and gp didn't think there was a prob.

The orlistat can only help the BP in the long run.

• Posted

I'm on Amias, probably cos i'm overweight. BP is gradually going down though, maybe a combination of losing weight and tabs. Also on tabs for Cholestoral cos I have to keep mine really low cos I'm diabetic (again probably cos of weight)!!! Tabs all the way... yay hay!!! But feel the best I've felt in years!!! Three dress sizes smaller (still another couple to go)! Good luck! x
  • Posted

Hi, i'm on orlistat, seems to be working ok, have lost 1st 6lb, been on it since January. Doc put me on them as i'm now diabetic, fat, blood presure up, cholestrol up. Only one problem, the potty department, cant eat anything fatty. Any tips on how to lose more weight. Have started exercise classes but as I am disabled cannot do much.
  • Posted

Hi all,

I have been on four different blood pressure tablets for two years.

since i have been on the blueys last september i have lost 6 stone so i don't think medication will hurt you.

love jo xx

• Posted

Oops forgot to add gp taking some of blood pressure meduication off me when i visit monday so losing weight has brought blood pressure down to a normal blood pressure 125/75 today -yipee!!!

Love Jo xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.