BPD Help me

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with BPD 6 months ago. Therapy has helped a lot, but now I feel like it takes the smallest thing to set me off.

No one understands and I try to explain why I over think, get upset over silly things. I go into 'a zone' where everything seems much worse than it is, what could be the simplest thing like a friend not answering the phone or my boyfriend not texting me back because he's busy or whatever sets me into

A - panic mode (something terrible has happened. Car crash for example)  

B -Self blame (I've done something, I must have done something to upset them then onto "they're better off without me anyway" "Id be better on my own anyway "

Or C -Can't deal mode (they're idiots!! How dare they!!)

It is crippling, I feel so overwhelmed with emotions and I can't handle it.

I feel so lonely and I know my friends/family/boyfriend/colleagues try to understand but they never fully will understand.

Is this normal?? What can I do?? 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yeah i tottaly understand its sad, i get similar problems especially with car crash ect. When my mum leaves the house and then gone for longer then i thought. I think also worst case scenario's. especially when I phone and there's no answer too. Not sure if this is paranoia but the worst experiences for me are just being outdoors. In my mind im constantly concerned about others, are others looking at me and believing I'm a total weirdo or strange or this terrible person I keep telling myself. Crazy ,negative thoughts towards my self, not sure if this is because I now have a diagnosis or its part of the diagnosis illness. Keep fighting be strong stay away from drink and drugs I know that they have made things ten times worse for me in the past

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.