BPH and Medication

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 76 and have an enlarged prostrate.I visit the bathroom two or three times nightly and usually empty my bladder if I massage the scrotum area after urination.My flow is moderate and my psa reading 3.23.My GP has prescribed alpha blockersTamsulosin 400 which I have taken for just over a week.They make me dizzy at times and also had a few headaches.I am wondering whether to continue with this drug or ask my GP for the alternative prostrate reduction medication.Any advice please

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dudley to Derek

Ape -arently.

In fact, and considering the sheer length of Shakespeare's complete works one would expect to find shorter writings such as these posts long before and far more often than his.

• Posted

Just an update,the dizzy spells and headaches have gone and I have been taking the Tamsulosin as prescribed by my GP.The results appear to be encouraging as my flow has definately improved,however,I still need to pee about 3/4 times during a 7/ 8 hour night.I think my next step will be to ask if a scan to see if I am emptying my bladder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.