BPH, Holep coming up but interesting situation past few days with cold meds

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've had a bad cold (fever of around 100, heart rate at 100 (usually 50s)) so I've been taking

advil (ibuprofen) Guaifanesin and a combo of pseudoephedrine (1st day) and oxymetazoline ( the last 3 days).

I've been urinating like a champ as if I did not have BPH, anyone else experience similar situation.

p.s. I am on daily alfuzosin/tadalafil regiment.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes.

Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory, hence the easing of your symptoms. (see my longer post about my experience)

• Posted

That's why I have been taking advil 200 mg every night for 10 years, not tylenol. because it eliminates inflammation of prostate and it works..

• Posted

can you please private message me your dr. name

I'm in retention for the past 2 years and doing cic to empty bladder , my issue is blockage from medium lob

and I'm looking for a dr. that can save my normal ejaculation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.