BPH - LARGE Prostate - CT Scan shows 220ML P Size - ThruLEP -is it good for a LARGE Prostate?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Presently on meds (Silodosin 8mg/D) n Bactrim for infections w Bleeding, for BPH until next decision time;

All DREs every year - sometimes 2/year is negative for Cancer; July 2019 CT at JHopkins is negative for Cancer along w DRE; PSA June, 2019 is 6.7;

Seeking out anyone who has done ThruLEP, for a large P? I know TURP, TULSA PRO, HoLEP are good for up to 80-100g P size. I hear PAE is good for LARGE P but not good if patient suffers with infections.

I recently am reading that ThruLEP is good for large P - it is a Thulium Laser Enucleation of the P......I need to hear experiences from others.......

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

With continual every day or so of bleeding w frequent urine in all January n on Bactrim, Uro ordered culture; Urine culture showed Klebsiella pneumoniae bacteria; Uro script for Cipro n stopped Bactrim; Began Cipro n after 2nd day, daily blood went away; Today 14th day on med - no more bleeding - Ya! But have done dip stick urine test for last 3 mornings.

Leukocytes is clear but nitrite is pink - indicative of infection.

Do i continue Cipro?

(So nice - no bleeding...)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.