BPPV

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have sufferred with this distressing condition for 5 years now and attend my local hospital to have one to one exercises with an Audiologist. At times my balance is out of control and I walk as if I am drunk.  At times my right eye bobbs up and down when I turn to the right.  Last year I had labrynitus and vertigo and landed up in hospital for 2 weeks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Bummer I have had the same for as long it is scary and weird just had a mri last week we will see I really would like answers life has been difficult on and on but I am here hoping u find answers too good luck I am with ya
  • Posted

Where are you, Marion? I am in Australia. I have had vertigo since 23/3/2015 and am hoping it will go. I have been told the crystals are like ice in water and should melt if not gone from exercises before that. The next step for me is to see a physiotherapist. Hope you can get relief!
    • Posted

I live in South Wales, United Kingdom and have suffered with vertigo for 4 years. I attend my local hospital for exercises with an Audiologist. At times my balance is really bad and I walk as if I am drunk. My right eye also bobs and it is at this time when my balance is worse. I have had all the tests, MRI scan, turning my head at different angles trying to get the crystals back into the right pockets. I have now been told to walk with a stick when out walking alone. 
  • Posted

I use a Rollator which is a walker with wheels. I am 70 years of age. Were

you told it would go after a while as well?

• Posted

No. Just something I have to learn to live with. Last year I had labrynitus as well as vertigo and landed in hospital for 2 weeks. I see a consultant in audiology medicine annually or when necessary.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.