BPPV and eye problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have BPPV and have had several episodes over the past 4 years.  Now I have eye floaters along with my vertigo symptoms. Does anybody else experience eye peoblems during their episodes?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have floaters, but was told it was vitreous fluid detachment. I do not relate it to my veritgo, because Ive had vertigo for some 24 years and the floaters only recently got bad..However, I do have a double vision, or a crossing of the eyes during my episodes. I can only see if I close one eye..otherwisse I am seeing two non-converged images...
  • Posted

Yes. Was talking to by therapist about floaters. She asked me about them so I asked what are floaters. Lol. I have them when I get real fizzy or have bad spells of vertigo.
  • Posted

Eye floaters is a retinal problem and unrelated to BPPV.  You may notice them more during episodes due to ocular movement abnormalities related to the BPPV episodes.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiology

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Thank you so much for the reply. I made an appointment at my eye doctor for this afternoon...J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.